[Dixielandjazz] Definitive "Panama" record?

Stan Brager sbrager at verizon.net
Sat Oct 3 13:18:57 PDT 2009

If you want to listen to a definitive recording of "Panama", I suggest
beginning with the recording made by The Paragon Ragtime Orchestra on their
CD "Black Manhattan". Their arrangement is based upon William H. Tyers'
original sheet music.

Next, listen to Wild Bill Davison's Commodore recording which, to my ears,
is the definitive jazz version.

Stan
Stan Brager