[Dixielandjazz] A "New" Discovery... (for me, anyway)

Steve Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 30 14:46:33 PST 2009

Hi all...

Last night I was in and out of sleep, when about 1 o'clock I started
flipping through channels until I found a local music station.  What greeted
me was a PHENOMENAL, and I REALLY mean PHENOMENAL 3 piece band.  Upright
bass and 2 acoustic guitars with each musician being a fantastic singer.  IF
you like Django Reinhart style jazz, you will go crazy, like me, over this
group!  They are what I call "musician's musicians"...  Incredible talent!
Check them out - Their webpage is:

http://thelostfingers.com/en

The wild thing, of course, is that they live here in Montreal, so you can be
sure I'll be a fan, I just have to find out where they're playing locally!
A lot of their music is in French, BUT they do a surprising amount in
English too...

Hope you like them...
ALL the Best,
Steve "Stubby" Heist