[Dixielandjazz] Ella in Hollywood and others

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 29 15:07:36 PST 2009

On Nov 29, 2009, at 4:03 PM, l.swain at comcast.net wrote:

> Steve:
>
> Thanks for your post in DJML today.
>
> I searched for the recent release, and couldn't find out how to
> order it.
>
> Also noticed that all the Louis-Ella recordings are available --
> last recording I boght of them together was likely a 45, purchased
> back in the days I was in high school.
>
> Any advice on where to buy?  People are asking me what I want for
> Xmas, and these CDs would be great.
>
> Always enjoy your posts.
>
> Larry Swain
> Backup pianner-player of last resort, Boston area.

Hi Larry:

The 4 CD set is available at Amazon. See the following link where you
can listen to snips from all the songs on it and read customer
reviews. I'm also copying the DJML if anyone else is interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Twelve-Nights-Hollywood-Ella-Fitzgerald/dp/B002IRBGYC

It is also available at jazz loft for $49.95 (Cheaper than Amazon) see

http://www.jazzloft.com/p-51240-twelve-nights-in-hollywood.aspx

Looks like it is available for Christmas gifts.

Cheers,

Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband