[Dixielandjazz] Auld Lang Syne -- Best Key for AudienceSing-Along?

Beth Schweitzer beth at portafortuna.com
Mon Nov 23 05:27:41 PST 2009

I'd have to agree with Bob here. Of course, I'm only a mere listener and
as Mr. Barbone has pointed out, we listeners don't really know anything.
But I do know that D was always the highest note I let a hymn hit if I
wanted the congregation to sing along when I was a choir director. I did
a lot of transposing in those days! (All of it on paper of course
because the musicians I had weren't able to do it themselves so I had to
write out their parts for them).

<grinning>

Beth