[Dixielandjazz] Beatles Songs and Jazz

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 21 17:00:57 PST 2009

Here is a list of Jazzed up Beatles songs by various famous bands/
artists, (mostly modern) that I compiled a few years ago when looking
for Beatles Songs to play in OKOM style.

Then I came across the BeatleJazz Albums (4 or so that take Beatles
songs to another dimension) which include some of these, and more.

By then I had enough to pick and choose what would fit best with our
band, so I quit adding to the list

So Many Beatles Songs, So Little Time. <grin>

Note to Bill Sharp. We play before several different kinds of
audiences. Some 90% under 30. Not too many Beatles Fans there. Some to
folks 90% over 75. Not too many Beatles Fans there either. At 76, my
own popular music tastes were formed prior to the Beatles and I
suspect, for the same reason, that most people my age or older are not
strong Beatles fans. (but they might be Elvis Fans)

I think a real  Beatles "Fan" would recognize most, if not all of the
below listed songs.

I also think most of us old" folks would be astounded at the huge size
of the Beatle Songbook. The below list just scratches the surface.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband

Part of the Beatle Songbook played as jazz.

A Day In The Life
A Hard Day's Night
All You Need Is Love
And I Love Her