[Dixielandjazz] Hopefully, lightning never strikes in the same place twice.

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Tue Nov 17 22:07:37 PST 2009

Welcome back Bill
Cheers
Jack
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Haesler" <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au>
Cc: <Tradjazz at list.okom.com>; <Australian-dance-bands at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:01 PM
Subject: Hopefully, lightning never strikes in the same place twice.

Dear friends,
At last, I'm back on line.
Thanks to an email from my dear mate Jack Mitchell, many of you will now
know that we had a direct thunderstorm lightning hit on our quite little
street last Thursday evening at 5.55pm.
It tripped the light and power circuits to all eight houses, whipped through
power surge protection devices and wiped out most of the TV/internet cable
connections.
In our house it fused Jess's small set top unit and TV, our digital cordless
phone system, and (horror) my iMac power board, logic board, keyboard and
the 7-unit USB hub.
Unfortunately, each Applecare repair only revealed the next fault, so it
took from Monday morning until this morning (Wednesday) to correct the iMac
problem.
I have yet to reconnect the two printers and scanner to see if they still
are OK.
Talk about withdrawal symptoms!
I didn't realise how addicted I had become to the internet!
I have perused the email message backlog and will get back to those awaiting
replies asap.
At least we managed to watch some DVDs at night and I've made a big dent in
my neglected filing system.
Very kind regards to all,
Bill.

 =