[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Train

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Nov 11 15:51:25 PST 2009

Beth Schweitzer asked:
> Does anyone know if this happens anywhere else in the country? (Or the
> world?) The organizer said he was told it was the only one of its kind.

Dear Beth,
Over the years Australian promotors have organised 'jazz train' excursions in several states, often in conjunction with an outing to a vineyard,
Although, it has been a few years since the last. Maybe it's time for another one.
What say Ross Anderson?
However, for (at least) the last 10-12 years Qantas have run New Year's Eve flights over Antarctica, always with a roving jazz band on board.
   http://www.antarcticaflights.com.au/
A long gig for those musicians involved.
Our band's clarinet player and DJML lurker, Jack Wiard, has played it.
Very kind regards,
Bill.