[Dixielandjazz] Interview with Ryan Gould at Art of Slap Bass

Daniel Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Nov 6 08:56:29 PST 2009

Folks--
     Here's a nice demo and interview with Ryan Gould, who plays slap
bass in a number of local OKOM bands in Austin.  The kinds of bands he
plays in may hint at what kinds of traditional jazz are being played
and listened to by younger audiences, both here in the U. S. and
around the world.  Ryan's not only a friend of mine but is a fellow
veteran (USMC) and likes to get other veterans who are also musicians
together for lunch on November 11.

     Dan