[Dixielandjazz] Tuba v String Bass, Pops Foster

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Nov 4 10:58:18 PST 2009

Stephen G Barbone wrote regarding Pops Foster:

 > Pops’ Foster's solid bass fiddle playing provided the beat for jazz
> legends from 'King' Oliver to Charlie Parker.
      (snip)

Steve, I am curious.  When did Foster play or record with Charlie Parker?  Must have been in Parker's very early years, before he got into Bee-Bop?

BTW- I had the pleasure of knowing pops and working with him several times.  A nicer guy you would never meet.

--Bob Ringwald

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4566 (20091102) __________

http://www.eset.com