[Dixielandjazz] What tune info do you put on CDs?

Dave dave at creolejazz.com
Mon Nov 2 17:22:42 PST 2009

Greetings, all. Our band is getting ready to cut a CD and I would like to
know what info must be included in the list of tunes. I do plan to visit
harryfox.com and pay the ASCAP dues for the tunes that aren't Public Domain.

Below is a list of the tunes to go on the CD and some basic info I've been
able to track down. But do I need to include composer for every tune? Do I
need to print "Public Domain" for those which are? Do I need to include the
publisher? Am I correct to assume that every tune with a date before 1923 is
Public Domain? Will I find that info at harryfox? Any other suggestions? Any
accurate feedback appreciated.

Swing That Music
1938 Horace Gerlach & Louis Armstrong, 3:42

By and By
1906 Charles Albert Tindley, 5:07

Everything is Peaches Down in Georgia
1918, George W. Meyer & Milton Ager, Grant Clarke, 4:37

Emperor NOrton's Hunch
1944, Lu Watters, 3:52

Tin Roof Blues
1923, George Brunies, Paul Mares, Mel Walter Melrose, Stitzel, Ben Pollack &
Leon Rappolo, 8:08

Clarinet Marmalade
1918, Larry Shields & The Original Dixieland Jazz Band, 3:17

Down By The Riverside
1865, Paul Barnes (from a spiritual), 2:41

Honolulu Blues
1916, James V. Monaco, Grant Clarke, 5:05

Linger A While
1923, Vincent Rose, Harry Owens, 3:37

New Orleans Shuffle
1925, Bill Whitmore, 4:51

Bay City
1951, Turk Murphy, 3:58

South Rampart Street Parade
1938, Bob Haggart & Ray Bauduc, 4:03

There'll Be Some Changes Made
1921, W. Benton Overstreet, Billy Higgins, 5:17

Mandy Make Up Your Mind
1924, George W. Meyer & Arthur, Grant Clarke & Roy Turk Johnston, 4:41

You've Been a Good Old Wagon
1895, Ben R. Harney, 4:48

Some of These Days
1922, Shelton Brooks, 4:26

I Found A New Baby
1926, Jack Palmer & Spencer Williams, 5:14

Thanks,

Dave
=====
"It's a treat to beat your feet"