[Dixielandjazz] Scratchy Grooves

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 1 08:07:43 PST 2009

Just a reminder that the Scratchy Grooves web site has been updated
with more "old" music.

The music consists of radio shows, hosted by the late Bill Chambliss
on the University of Delaware radio station. He broadcast one hour per
week of wonderful music for 19 years, starting in July of 1984.

The music from the years 1900 to 1940. And the recordings are all from
his personal collection. His son is converting them to listenable mp3
format and providing them FREE to interested listeners.

One of my favorite programs, which I heard live in 1988, are the "Who"
songs, Show number 144. They include "Who" by Benny Hale (1926), "Who
Cares" by Al Jolson (1922), "Who Cares Where You Have Been" by Helen
Morgan (1925), "Who Played Poker With Pocahontas?" by Al Jolson
(1919),  Who Threw The Overalls in Mrs. Murphy's Chowder and other Who
songs.

http://www.scratchygrooves.com/

Don Ingle might like these shows as they will give him something to
listen to during  the upcoming cold winter in Michigan. Sip a single
malt, relax and listen to songs and bands you won't hear anywhere
else. See show # 135 Don, "Red Nichols & Ben Pollack".

Bill was a really dedicated musicologist and a wonderful guy. I got to
know him in the 1980s and he even played a couple of Barbone Street
songs on his show in the 1990s.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband