[Dixielandjazz] Shameless promotion

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun May 31 08:55:14 PDT 2009

Bunch of neat gigs coming up in June for Barbone Street Jazz Band

June 2 (Tue) Our trio at Historic Hotel Bethlehem, 437 Main St,
Bethlehem PA from 5 to 8 PM. This is an OPEN HOUSE showing off this
grand old hotel. In keeping with the renovations, we play the American
Songbook Music of the 1930s, Gershwin, Kern, Berlin, Porter, et al.,
in Jazz style.  FREE.

Jun 7 (Sun) Full Band on Gay street at the Matlack St. intersection
from 1 to 3 PM. West Chester PA. This is a family friendly Street
Festival. Dancers welcome. Come get your mardi gras beads.

Jun 11 (Thu) Full band at The Mainstay, on Main Street in beautiful
Rock Hall MD, on the Chesapeake Bay. Our concert is from 7:30 from
9:30 PM in this eclectic venue. Lots of great jazz has been played
here by Jon Erik Kelso, Ken Peplowski, Keeter  Betts, Frank Vignola,
Charlie Byrd, Warren Vache, Howard Alden, Bucky Pizzarelli, Bill
Allred, Preservation Hall, et al. $15.

Jun 14 (Sun) Full Band Jazz Vespers at Union United Methodist Church,
200 Brookline Dr, Havertown PA. We'll be doing lots of Gospel and N.O.
Jazz here. 7 PM  Free Will Offering.

Jun 17 (Wed) Full band on the lawn at The Hickman, 400 N. Walnut St,
West Chester PA. 6:30 to 7:30 PM FREE

June 21 (Sun) Full Band at Tamanend Park Bandshell, Southampton PA
6:30 to 8:30 PA FREE.

Jun 24 (Wed) Trio at The Heritage - Dover DE, 6 to 7:30 PM American
Songbook Jazz, FREE.

Jun 26 (Fri) Full Band Swing Dance, Ballroom on High. 310 East High
Street, Pottstown PA. Band from 9 PM to Midnight. Free Lessons at 8
PM. GREAT FLOOR, GREAT FUN, FRIENDLY FOLKS. $15

Jun 28 (Sun) Valley Green on the Wissahicken, Philadelphia PA. 10:30
to 2:30 PM. First two hours are trio, followed by 2 hours of full band
from 12:30 PM. While this is a private event, it is on the lawn of a
public venue. If you go there for lunch, or just to sit on the banks
of the Wissahicken Creek, you'll easily hear the band.

Jun 29 (Sun) Full Band Jazz Concert at 7 PM in the auditorium of
Brittany Pointe Estates, Valley Forge Road, Lansdale PA. FREE.

We have several other private events in June but unfortunately they
are not open to the public.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband