[Dixielandjazz] Pee wee recording on emusic

Stan Brager sbrager at verizon.net
Wed May 27 10:11:48 PDT 2009

"The Best Of Pee Wee Russell" contains many of his early recordings with a
variety of settings. "Portrait of Pee Wee" is a session from Pee Wee's later
years and gives him time to stretch out and be reflective. On all of these,
notice how he melds perfectly in the ensemble passages and comes forward
with his own unique ideas for his solos.

These are my recommendations.

Stan
Stan Brager
A Fan of Pee Wee's