[Dixielandjazz] Pee Wee Russell

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue May 26 12:36:58 PDT 2009

Re: Pee Wee Russell.

I have stated my feelings on his playing several times here on DJML so won't
go into it, except to say that I am not a fan.

I discussed  Pee Wee's playing with Dick Cary several times, who's opinion I
really respected.  We would always come to the end of  our argument with
Dick saying, Pee Wee never played on recordings like he played in person.
So, what can I say?  I never heard him in person...

 --Bob Ringwald