[Dixielandjazz] Bill Gunter Tribute At the Sacramento JazzFestival

Ministry of Jazz jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Tue May 19 15:56:54 PDT 2009

Shalom Jazz Fans,

Wish I could be with you in Sacramento this weekend. One of these years,
we'll make it over there.

I just came home from a solo banjo and comedy show at our local comedy club.
My latest banjo student, a young Israeli gal, played 4 songs with me on
stage after only 7 weeks of lessons. Her 5 sisters were in the audience --
what a bunch of live wires!

Among other features of the show, I brought 4 -- count 'em -- washboards and
got the gals playing along on a few songs. This was quite possibly the first
time in the long history of Israel that 4 washboards were played on stage at
the same time.

So I belatedly dedicate this performance to our friend Bill Gunter, whom I
got to know on DJML, and was privileged to meet in person a couple times in
CA, and once in Hungary. What a great fellow!

Blessings from Israel,

Elazar
Doctor Jazz Dixieland Band
Jerusalem, Israel