[Dixielandjazz] Using Red Hot Jazz Archives

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 19 14:39:37 PDT 2009

Gluetje1 at aol.com asked:
> Is anyone else having trouble accessing the audio files at Red Hot
> Jazz
> Archives?

Dear Ginny,
I did, the other day.
An error message telling me that my RealPlayer software was out-of-date.
This, only a week or so after I had updated it.
I checked, it was version 11 for Mac, so decided to contact Scott
Alexander.
The next day, when I opened up the Red Hot Jazz site to verify the
wording of the error message, everything was back to normal.
Just now I opened up the site to confirm this - and the error messages
are back!
"A general error has occurred. (Sock Connrefused)" with a Help button
leading to the "out-of-date RealPlayer" message.
Oh dear.
I hope we are not losing one of the greatest jazz sites on the internet
Very kind regards,
Bill.