[Dixielandjazz] Jazz in Austria and Germany

Katie Cavera kcavera at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 18 10:02:24 PDT 2009

Hi Listmates!

At the end of the month I'm heading over to Europe to play banjo and guitar in "Looking For Josephine" which is a musical comedy about Josephine Baker:
http://www.alarecherchedejosephine.fr/

We'll be doing the show for three weeks in Vienna, a week in Innsbruck, and three weeks in Munich.  We'll be working six nights a week, but I'm hoping we'll have some time after hours to hit some jazz clubs.  Please email me with places to hear traditional jazz or even not so traditional jazz - I just want to make the most of my time over there and hear some good music!

I'll be in Sacramento too this weekend so please come chat with me if you get a chance.  I'm driving up Friday so I'll miss the F2F but I'm playing with the Reynolds Brothers Rhythm Rascals Washboard Band.  I think the festival is calling us a 'skiffle' band, but we're actually a traditional washboard band, playing the music of Clarence Williams and the Washboard Rhythm Kings.  The band included Ralf Reynolds on washboard and brother John on National guitar.  The front line is Marc Caperone trumpet, Robert Young sax, and Clint Baker trombone & clarinet.  My friend Dawn Lambeth is on Piano and I'll be the one with the big bass.

Hope to see you there!
- Katie

http://www.katiecavera.com
http://www.youtube.com/kcavera