[Dixielandjazz] Spanish times

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun May 10 15:26:37 PDT 2009

> Dinner, never before 10pm, is lighter.

A funny thing, this.  That's what I had been told before my first trip
to Spain (Costa del Sol).  10PM was a bit late for me, so we almost
always ate earlier - and were never alone.  and even though, at the
supermarket where we shopped, most customers were English speakers
(mostly British), we dined at some restaurants where we were the only
foreigners.
On our second visit, to Barcelona, there were even more customers
eating earlier (but it is not half as hot there as in Madrid or the
south).

 > coffee (expresso) is taken at the bar, and is downed quickly...many times a
> day.  It is exceptionally good! (I have two before going on stage!)   :>

You should've warned the American listmates that it is also strong,
much stronger than the dirty water that passes for coffee in the US.

> The Spanish think the "anglos" have it all wrong...too much work, not enough
> play.  We think they have it all wrong...too much play, not enough work.

They are bloody right!  Leaves them time to live - and listen to jazz.

Cheers