[Dixielandjazz] FW: New Hot Jazz Channel show goes live

Brian Harvey brer.rabbit at tiscali.co.uk
Sat May 9 11:53:39 PDT 2009

The April - May Hot Jazz Channel show has gone "live" at www.radiojazz.co.uk
after a delay caused by the temporary loss of the programme. I sometimes
post the completed show on a CD to engineer John Booth and he "posts" it to
our web site. This month however it didn't arrive so I had to re-record it
and drive to his studio. But - the delay costs us a week meaning that the
show is slightly out of date.

And that's not all - I made an error announcing the first track by
identifying it as "Bill Bailey" whereas it is in fact "Bluebells Goodbye".
Correcting it would have resulted in a further delay.....

So if you can overlook we hjope that you will enjoy the show which features
great tracks by Ken Colyer's Jazzmen, Chris Barber's Jazz Band, the
Galvanised Jazz Band with Big Chief Russell Moore, The University Six with
Adrian Rollini, The Georgians, The Bennie Moten Orchestra, Barry Martyn's
Band with Kid Sheik and John Handy, the Jambalaya Parade Band, The London
Ragtime Orchestra, the Mound City Blue Blowers with Jack Teagarden, Captain
John Handy's Band, The Magnolia Orchestra with Big Al Carson, Blossom
Dearie, Kid Ory's Creole Jazz band and the Cy Laurie Jazz Band.

Our shows are engineered by John Booth and devised and presented by Brian
Harvey.