[Dixielandjazz] FW: Struttin & Back Beats

Barb Jordan jordan_barb at hotmail.com
Tue May 5 09:22:07 PDT 2009

 Hi all,

Does anyone know?

Much appreciated!

Barbara Jordan

Burlington, Ontario, Canada

From: barbonestreet at earthlink.net
To: jordan_barb at hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Struttin & Back Beats
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 10:00:24 -0400

Hi Barb:

I don't know. They play automatically on my Mac. You might ask the DJMLers. Someone is sure to know.

Cheers,
Steve

On May 4, 2009, at 11:55 PM, Barb Jordan wrote:

Hi Steve,

Can you tell me what software can play files with the .ram extension. Windows Media Player does not work on these files.

Thanks,

Barbara Jordan
Burlington, Ontario, Canada

> From: barbonestreet at earthlink.net
> Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 20:46:20 -0400
> Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Struttin & Back Beats
> CC: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
> To: jordan_barb at hotmail.com
>
> Bob Ringwald asked about playing on the off beats with Struttin.
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> Listen to the Armstrong December 1927 Hot 5 version at:
>
> http://www.redhotjazz.com/hot5.html
>
> Not sure they are playing the verse on the off beats, but rather the
> chorus behind the Ory and Armstrtong solos (after the Johnny Dodds
> solo). In the middle of the verse there is a backing on the "one" beat.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve Barbone
> www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband

Hotmail® goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.