[Dixielandjazz] Philadelphia Orchestra Brass Quintet Swings

Dave Gannett evidence at otelco.net
Sun May 3 11:50:18 PDT 2009

Thank you, Steve, for highlighting this recording.  It is currently
available as an MP3 download with graphics (url listed below by Steve).  We
do not currently have plans to issue it as a CD, though that option is being
explored via various channels.  The music on "Catch the Brass Ring" is well
arranged and well played and certainly profoundly atypical for the 1960's
brass genre!  While this album is presented for tubists interested in
"Torchy's" splendid playing, all brass players will enjoy the playing on
this recording.  This is, by the way, an exceptionally rare recording and
for that reason alone will be of interest to certain people.  And it's just
plain fun to listen to!

Thanks -

Dave "Mr. Bison" Gannett
http://www.tubagear.com