[Dixielandjazz] Irving Fazola

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 31 20:23:39 PDT 2009

Steve,

Thanks for that great story about Irving Fazola and the chair.  I had
heard about it before but not in quite the detail that the article
provided.

Here is a link to one of my favorite Fazola recordings:

http://home.comcast.net/~rdelu19511/clarinetblues.mp3

The soulful tone and feeling expressed by Fazola via his clarinet
belied the personal excess in his everyday life.  Ya gotta love jazzmen.

This recording was on a Commodore 78 by Jess Stacy and his Orchestra
and features Stacy on piano, Eddie Miller on tenor sax, Billy
Butterfield on trumpet, and of course Fazola.

Roger Wade
Really Old Records

http://www.reallyoldrecords.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Really-Old-Records?RefID=store