[Dixielandjazz] Greg Franzwa

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:11:32 PDT 2009

http://www.suntimesnews.com/9c/news/03-March/0331stegen.htm

This article doesn't mention his music, but he formerly played with the Tiger Rag Forever Jazz Band.  PBS used to show sets from the Bix Festival, and TRFJB was always shown in St Louis, and I became fascinated by the bass sax.

In the mid-60s, Greg wrote the definitive book on Ste Genevieve, which happens to be my hometown.  Although he raised some hackles in more recent years when he said the town probably isn't as old as he once thought, he was forgiven.

Good guy, in my limited experience with meeting him in person.

steve hoog