[Dixielandjazz] FW: Oldest Jazz Bands still playing

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Mar 23 01:30:02 PDT 2009

Oh, my!  How quickly the original question develops into a heated
discussion!!  Bud originally (& innocently) asked:

>My Epsilon Jass Band is 46 years old this spring, Can anyone give me
details of longer running bands?  Bud

I put in my two bits just after reading his question, although our band is
just a little behind his.  I even mentioned the South Frisco Jazz Band which
has since been named.  However, then the whole thing began to degenerate
into "what is a continuously working band", etc, and "how many gigs my band
could play if we wanted to" as someone stated.

It was a nice question, Bud, but I don't think you meant it to be a contest,
or a way of going on about how many gigs a certain band might have.

Jim