[Dixielandjazz] Oldest trad band continuously still playing

Ingemar Wågerman gotariver at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 01:41:56 PDT 2009

Hi Glen et al,

The oldest band in Gothenburg, continuously still playing, is Peoria
Jazz Band, founded in 1960. Our band, Gota River Jazzmen, was founded in
1957, but was disbanded after a few years. In 1988 it was revived and is
still playing with two of the founder members still active. We play in
the N.O. revival idiom, too.

 There are many bands in Gothenburg; about 50 bands are associated with
the Gothenburg Classic Jazz Society.

Ingemar Wågerman, Gothenburg, Sweden
Gota River Jazzmen http://listen.to/gotariver