[Dixielandjazz] Marian Petrescu

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 18 13:13:10 PDT 2009

I don't know, Mart. Concerning Petrescu, Peterson or Tatum, does
prodigious technique, or even pyrotechnics automatically exclude their
music from being jazz?  It is certainly jazz to me, but may not be
jazz to others. I'm OK with that as long as the others don't try to
categorically define it as "not jazz". And by the same token, I don't
try to categorically define it as "jazz".

I'm happy with "music", modified by good or bad, as the description.
<grin>

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband