[Dixielandjazz] Make Believe Ballroom

Zerxpress at aol.com Zerxpress at aol.com
Tue Mar 17 14:03:18 PDT 2009

In a message dated 3/17/2009 1:10:16 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com writes:

Hi  Folks,

I just heard back from the collector who had asked me (through  an
intermediary) a while back if I could get any information on Martin Block  and the Make
Believe Ballroom. I finally heard back from him via the  intermediary today,
asking me to pass on his thanks for all the responses and  in particular to
Mark Weber, whose tip-off led the collector to a direct  contact with 2 of Martin
Block's daughters. This in turn has led to them  sharing a great deal of
useful information with him, so he's now one very  happy collector.
Thanks folks. Great list: someone somewhere usually has  that elusive vital
piece of information on just about everything to do with  OKOM!

Cheers,

Ken  Mathieson
www.classicjazzorchestra.org.uk

Dear Ken,
                      Can you imagine the odds?    In my other life I'm a
housepainter
(disk jockey on the side)(full-time record collector ! )
and the population of Albuquerque is a million-plus
and I happen to walk into a house to do a small job  (paint one wall  is all
! )   BUT
on in the front door foyer is this poster for the Make Believe Ballroom
so I say,  Wow,  I know about that radio show.  And she  says,  "My dad was
Martin
Block."        It's a small world  sometimes.

Regards,
mark weber
House Painter
KUNM radio