[Dixielandjazz] Mike or Mic?

Tony Davis tony at tony-davis.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 12:05:53 PDT 2009

But surely you say "tel-EFF-oh-nist" rather than "tel-e-PHONE-ist"?
Don't you?? :-)

With regard to the original question, I would always use "mike".  The
alternative - which seems to be prevalent, like many other usages that I
would prefer not to exist - gives me a mental jolt whenever I see it,
particularly when used in the plural.

Tony Davis
Pedant extraordinaire