[Dixielandjazz] Black Swan Corn on YouTube

Kit W. Johnson kit at bscjb.com
Wed Mar 11 15:56:35 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone:

I thought you might get a kick out of a little tongue-in-cheek, weekend
recording effort by a few members of Black Swan that just got posted to
YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9B4Cpl47nI. This is a parody of
"Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". Here's the back story.

About a month and a half ago a friend and I went over with a group to climb
the Western Breach route of Mt. Kiliminjaro in Tanzania. The guides were
adamant that we drink about 4 to 5 liters of water per day. Eventually that
water has to come out and in the middle of the night at 19,000 feet it's too
darn cold to get out of your sleeping bag, let alone your tent. Soooo, other
alternatives must suffice. This problem is compounded by the drug Diomax
that most people take to help control breathing when the oxygen gets thin. A
side effect seems to be an even greater need to purge.

The musicians probably don't wish to be associated with this project, but
tough. It's John Bennett on piano, Jim Buchmann on clarinet, Ron Leach on
cymbal, John McKinley on banjo, Marilyn Keller on the austere vocal, and me
on tuba. Hope you enjoy it and the pictures.

Cheers,
Kit

Kit W. Johnson
Black Swan Classic Jazz Band