[Dixielandjazz] Grants for Arts>>Putting People To Work

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Wed Mar 11 04:07:53 PDT 2009

<<So I take it that while you object to paying taxes to support  the
arts, you have no problem paying more for goods and services so
that  the company that provides them can support the arts?>>

Correct. You've totally got it.

WHY? This action is VOLUNTARY on my part. I can elect to, or NOT to  purchase
that company's goods or services.

If fact, I am MORE apt to patronize a company that does good things within
the community, especially arts.

Thanks for the clarity!
Bill

In a message dated 3/10/2009 11:17:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
jobriant at garlic.com writes:

BillSargentDrums at aol.com wrote, in part:

> Classical music,  and many other "arts" that are not popular
> enough to exist solely on  the free market offerings of ticket
> sales have always been  supported  by foundations, charitable
> giving, and corporate  support. All VOLUNTARY.

So I take it that while you object to paying  taxes to support the
arts, you have no problem paying more for goods and  services so
that the company that provides them can support the  arts?

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel  Stompers
Tuba, Jelly Roll Jazz Band
Eb Bass, The Pacific Brass  (volunteer community ensemble)
Principal Tuba, South Valley Symphony  (volunteer  community
ensemble)