[Dixielandjazz] Grants for Arts>>Putting People To Work

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Tue Mar 10 13:06:50 PDT 2009

<<All of us should remind our local representatives of this reality  and push
for restoring and adding more Arts Grants to the government budgets.?  People
love the results...it gives them things to do and does not directly hit
their own pockets.?>>

That's a fallacy. It is directly out of their own pockets. Yes, there's a
middleman, government, that charges a handling fee . . . but all too often,
people forget: any time the government spends (grants) money, it is YOUR money
and MY money and THEIR money.

I'm getting doggone tired of people thinking the governmental funds are  free
money.

I say let all the arts stand on public votes, called dollars, and let them
survive or die without ANY governmental intervention whatsoever.

Bill

In a message dated 3/10/2009 12:48:22 P.M. Central Daylight Time,