[Dixielandjazz] Joe Tarto Book - Does anyone here have it?

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sat Mar 7 08:53:23 PST 2009

Ric,

If you are thinking of his book on how to play bass lines, it is still
available here:

http://charlescolin.com/descript.htm#CC3907

Basic Rhythms and the Art of Jazz Improvisation, by Joe Tarto. Written
for tuba or bass trombone, string bass, bass guitar, an excellent
basic method for beginning jazz playing, especially in traditional/
Dixieland styles. Improvising, syncopation, chords, walking bass,
breaks, blues, and Latin rhythms are among the many subjects covered.

If you are thinking of something else, I don't know...

Dave Richoux