[Dixielandjazz] Abusing Song Titles

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Wed Mar 4 09:50:56 PST 2009

Interesting to me!  And since "Mondegreen" only made into Webster's
Collegiate in 2008, I guess I can still live with myself for never having heard  the
word before.  Noticed that the Wiki entry brings up Mairzy Doats.   I have read
in several spots that WW II soldiers used those words as  passwords.  One day
while performing this tune I commented about  that.  A veteran in the
audience offered up that, yes, it had been a  password in his unit.  So now when we
do this tune, we announce that we are  performing it in honor of WW II vets.
Ginny

In a message dated 3/3/2009 10:40:57 P.M. Central Standard Time,