[Dixielandjazz] Come to The Mardi Gras Lyrics

Don Robertson jdrobertson at att.net
Sun Mar 1 20:47:00 PST 2009

I can remember the first verse from hearing it as a kid 50 + years ago.

"I heard them sing come to the Mardi Gras
It was Rio in spring time for Mardi Gras
I saw her there confetti in her hair
Swept along by the throng wasn't long til we met
When we kissed my heart beat faster faster than a castinette"

I think there was another verse, but it escapes me.

Don Robertson
Napa CA