[Dixielandjazz] Orchestra with harp!

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Mon Jun 29 16:08:40 PDT 2009

Hi Stan.  Looked at exactly one email on djml in last 6 months or so and
have 1,256 unread djml files since they were last deleted.  So I was amazed
when I clicked on only one email and discovered it was about Adele Gerard.
Your tinyurl link didn't give me a clue as to the subject.  She lived in the
Coachella Valley and I had the pleasure of knowing her for several months
likely in the late 1980s or early 1990s.  She was playing beautifully at the
time.  I had the opportunity to play clarinet with her several times but
unfortunately didn't.  I can't remember the circumstances.  Considering who
her late husband was could have been an intimidating factor.  However, in my
omnipresent stupidity, it was more likely that I was offered a better paying
job and Adele allowed me "off the hook."

The final coincidence here is that the email was from you, old friend.  I
didn't realize that until I hit the reply button and your name popped up.
Hope the world gets a little bit smaller yet when, in about 2 months, I'll
be able to share some audio engineering duties with you at the Sweet and
Hot.  Take care my friend.

PS   If you reply, please do so off-list at rbroadie at dc.rr.com so I'll
actually read it.  I wish I had time enough to get back into the fray on
DJML but am keeping way too busy these days in my retirement.  I sure miss
those days of working when I had all that spare time.    Dick