[Dixielandjazz] The Dixieland Band - Mercer lyrics

Charlie Hull charlie at easysounds.com
Mon Jun 29 07:41:21 PDT 2009

According to Who Wrote That Song, the song was written by Bernie
Hanighen (M) and Johnny Mercer (W), came out in 1935, and was recorded
by many stars of the day, including Bing Crosby, Judy Garland, and
Mercer himself with the Pied Pipers. Strictly a  novelty song.

I websearched for the lyrics, unsuccessfully, and discovered a list of
songs for which Johnny Mercer was the lyricist... 1079 titles.  Johnny
was a prolific poet! I saved the list in .doc and .pdf form, and will
send to anyone who requests offlist.

If you have the lyrics, please e-mail them to me. Thanks!

Charlie Hull