[Dixielandjazz] Re The passing of UK musician/broadcaster, Steve Race.

Colin Toomer chtoomer at xtra.co.nz
Sat Jun 27 16:37:18 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

This information will only interest our UK & Australian list friends.
Just heard on a New Zealand Radio Music Programme that Englishman Steve
Race, passed away fairly recently.

I really liked his great music programmes that were played on NZ radio,
certainly was a good education lesson in the history of all styles of
music from his knowledgeable panelists.

Strange none of you UK list members have mentioned it this.

Hope one of you can send his bio to the list.

Would you US & Canadian list members know of him 7 his UK music programmes.

I enjoyed to the film discussion on all those great old English comedy
movies. Remember seeing some of the them in the 1950's, even in faraway
NZ. Hope some might getting show the the NZ SKY U & UK Movie Channels I
can receive.

Read that Ed Mahon(sp?) also passed away. It was on George Spink's website.

Regards,

Colin Toomer,
New Zealand