[Dixielandjazz] whAT'S THIS SITE,OR LISTS///

M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 25 22:59:46 PDT 2009

> I JUST SAW ON ONE OF THE TROMNE L PAGES I JUST SUBSCRIBED,LOVE DIXELAND&TRAD JAZZ. USE TO BELONG TO "HAGS" IN FTLAUD,AND WOULD GO THE VARIOUS PRTIES AND FESTS AS AFCJS THKSGIVING,CHATTANOGGA JP,ATLANTA,ETC...SINE THE MISS RAG STOPPED NEVER HERE ANYTHING ANYMORE....THNKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE,MATT

Matt:

A quiet suggestion:

First, unlock the CAPS key.  We're a fervent but lowkey bunch, many of
which are elderly and infirm, the likes of your initial post might cause
medical problems for.

Second, let us know a little more about yourself, preferrably with
little to no "text" garble.  As I say to my son, "Use your words."

With that said, Welcome!

Now, breathe, examine the keyboard (oh Gawd, maybe you're not actually
using a keyboard -- slap to own forehead!), and tell us about yourself,
where you're at, your age, what sort of traditional jazz you're
interested in (detail here would be good), etc.

Sorry, Bob, for jumping in.  I guess I'm just in a mood!

Fr Mike.