[Dixielandjazz] Tight Little Island?

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 25 17:37:10 PDT 2009

The British are generally in agreement that the film America was sold as Tight Little Island was called Whisky Galore! when they saw it.
I wonder which of the characters our intelligent listmate admirer of the film supposes was Alec Guinness under the make-up. Perhaps the starchy mother of Gordon Jackson?
Given the Guinness gift for disguise etc, nobody can be blamed for supposing he was in that film.  Or perhaps he was  . . .  where can I get a dvd at this hour????