[Dixielandjazz] Swing Dance this Friday - June 26

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 24 10:09:10 PDT 2009

Dear Fans / Friends  (recipient list suppressed)

Just a quick reminder that Barbone Street will be the Swing Dance Band
this Friday, June 26, at Swing Kat's monthly event. We expect a large,
diverse group of dancers from 18 to 86 years old. Yep, the 86 year old
guy dances to EVERY song we play during our 3 sets and he is amazing.
The kids adore both his energy and his expertise.

Songs will be Dixieland, Swing and Blues. All very danceable with
tempi from 110 to 250 beats per minute. No doubt some will dance
Charleston steps to the higher tempo songs. The ballroom has been
there since the 1920s and the oak dance floor is among the best in the
eastern USA.

Ballroom on High				FRIDAY - June 26 - 9 PM to MIDNIGHT - $15
310 East High Street
Pottstown PA 19464

Sponsored by Swing Kat. For more information about this wonderful
dance organization run by Faryl and Bijal Codispoti, see:  http://www.swingkat.com/

To see young and old having fun to Barbone Street in a jam circle go
to a Duke Ellington Tune see:

http://www.youtube.com/v/gRxpXV38b8Q

Or a Balboa  and Jitterbug to an uptempo Dixieland favorite go to:

http://www.youtube.com/v/jFuoqkZo7gA

If you are in the neighborhood, don't miss it.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband