[Dixielandjazz] List of Countries

Daniel Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 23 14:39:01 PDT 2009

     Obviously.  But, as is the case in California, it matters WHERE
in the state you live.  Northern Californians don't like Southern
Californicators, and vice versa.  (Same is true for Nevada.  I used to
live in Reno.  They oughta split both states in half and glue the top
parts together and the bottom parts together.  San Francisco and Reno-
Tahoe belong together just as Los Angeles and Lost Wages belong
together.)
     Since Texas is the only state legally able to subdivide itself
into smaller states (5 as i recall), you need to specify what part of
Texas you're from: Central (Austin, San Antonio); West (El Paso);
South (Brownsville); North (Dallas); or East (Houston).  In terms of
desirable places to live, only the first partition mentioned is valid.

     Dan (in Austin, obviously)