[Dixielandjazz] Dave Brubeck exhibit

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 22 14:38:43 PDT 2009

The one item I have not read in the discussion of Brubeck is, his attendance at Mills College.
In the 1940s, around 1947.1947, Dave played in a  club close to Lake Merrit in Oakland.  He was in classes at Mills at the time, , I used to go see and listen several times. during his stay, can't recall name of club ,need a map of Oakland to remember the clubs name, he played a lot of soft Jazz, as opposed to the be-boppers of that time

Slainte

Eichy Da

Ye olde Mouldy Fygge