[Dixielandjazz] A Most Unusual Gig!

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Jun 21 15:10:07 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Yesterday afternoon "And That's Jazz" had a gig like none other I can
recall - a First Birthday Party!  We played in a meadow in the hills
above Berkeley, CA to an audience of about 15 infants (mostly around 1
year old,) their parents, and a few grandparents.

The babies didn't give us very much attention  - a few puzzled glances
and such, but the rest of the party seemed to like us.

Also unusual: we were booked directly from our webpage - nobody at the
party had heard us before (and the band has been playing around
Northern and Central California since the 1970s!)

Dave Richoux