[Dixielandjazz] Riverwalk

jack wiard jack_wiard at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 20 19:13:05 PDT 2009

Hello Listers....Today I returned from a 3 week trip to the USA.  One of the highlights was a trip to San Antonio,Texas,especially to visit The Landing, where Jim Cullum and his band play. I am a fairly regular listener to their weekly broadcasts,available on line at 'riverwalk.org."   I just wanted to see if they were as good in person as they are on line...I visited the club on 2 nights and heard a new program each night.  Economics has cut out the trombone but with Cullum on the front line,playing  lead like a man 30 years younger than Cullum,[70+]..and Ron Hocket, playing impecible clarinet and sax,the lack of trombone was not noticed...The rhythm section was  also as good as it gets.  If in San Antonio, don't miss them......Cheers...JACK WIARD...SYDNEY  /OZ    [mostly a lurker,who enjoys the imfo available from  the list]