[Dixielandjazz] Lurkers.

Cliff Harper cliffh at tcp.co.uk
Fri Jun 19 17:24:42 PDT 2009

LO everyone - I'm not really a lurker, more a learner - and I'm not
strictly 'single', being a widower who lost my Luvly Jane (born in
Brooklyn, NY) nearly five years ago - but am still wedded to her via two
fine sons, one in Atlanta Ga., one in Cardiff, Wales - and the memories,
the laughs and great times we had together:
I'm  in Southampton, Southern England, on the sun-drenched Hampshire
River Area - Piano and bass player; 34 years with Cuff Billett's New
Europa JB and for 12 years with Alan James and All That Jazz Band - Have
bass, will grovel -  sophisticated songs for all occasions, 'broken
hearts mended, brakes re-lined, Hamburgers' (signed photo of an elderly,
hirsute cheese sandwich (see below) is offered to the first finder of
the source of that quotation).
Several listmates helped me recently with 'Magnolia's Wedding Day' - I
sent my particular thanks  to Bill Haesler in Oz, Phil Wilking in NO and
to Bruce Stangeland - who sent the lyrics and music - I thought I'd
thanked these three kind gentlemen already; Bill and Phil shared the
prize I'd offered - an elderly, somehwat hairy cheese sandwich (the only
valuable relic left over from last Christmas) but my e-mails were
returned as 'Undeliverable' - so I gladly seize this opportunity to
thank them pubically (spg?) and also to send warm greetings to John
(Dingo), whom I've not seen for far too long. Finally, greetings to all
DJMLers, lurkers, contributors or wotever - I learn from you and
appreciate - cherish even - your unshellfish camaraderie.   Kindest
regards and best wishes to you all.

Phil Wilking, a suburb of New Orleans.