[Dixielandjazz] Lurkers

Steve Marcus semarcus1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 12:35:06 PDT 2009

Hi!

I'm Steve Marcus from the Chicago area.

I play tuba in the Mad Monks of Melody and have subbed in the Red Rose Jazz Band and other Dixieland bands.

I'd like to play more of OKOM with ensembles such as the Prohibition Orchestra of Chicago and other forms of trad jazz. I'd also like to explore more ethnic forms such as klezmer, Balkan, etc.  Playing in a NOLA-style brass band would be enjoyable, too.

(I also play in symphony orchestras, brass band, brass quintet, brass choir, etc.  My website below lists some of the ensembles with which I have played tuba.)

When pressed into service, I'll play piano because that was my major instrument in college.  But my true musical enjoyment comes from playing tuba/sousaphone.

Steve Marcus
http://www.geocities.com/semarcus1/Steve_Marcus.html
PLEASE SEND YOUR E-MAILS AND REPLIES TO BOTH E-MAIL ADDRESSES:
semarcus1 at yahoo.com
smarcus at steinwaychicago.com
Evening: 847-382-1502
Cell: 224-578-2987
Sales Associate at Steinway of Chicago: 630-512-8830