[Dixielandjazz] Lurkers.

Daniel Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jun 19 08:03:10 PDT 2009

     Nice idea, Mike.  I've just learned that David Jones here in
Austin is on DJML, so that makes 3 of us here in Austin, Texas (the
other is Dave Stoddard).
     However, can you be a lurker if you occasionally post a message
(like me)?  I figured lurkdom was reserved for those folks who never
posted anything.
     But what the hell, let's find out where everybody is, regardless
of whether they post or not.
     I also play (BBb) tuba in the New Orleans Jazz Band of Austin,
and am on the board of the Austin Traditional Jazz Society (http://www.atjs.org/
).  I also play (Eb) tuba in the Austin Wonder Brass (a British-style
brass band, for which i write a lot of arrangements) and (BBb) tuba in
the Austin Civic Wind Ensemble.  Oh yeah, plus i play (BBb) tuba and
bad trombonium in the Scholz Garten Wurst Band (like last night with
David Jones, where i was overserved with free beer).

     Dan Augustine
     Austin, Texas