[Dixielandjazz] Protected CD's and DVD's

David Livingston snargi01 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 12:28:14 PDT 2009

I use Slysoft products, and they provide a great service. Yes, this
software can be used for illegal purposes but there are legitimate
reasons to use it.

- If I couldn't rip mp3s from my CDs, I wouldn't be able to run my Internet radio station.

- I have several Mosaic Records box sets. The average price for them was $100-150 but all are worth considerably more now since they were limited run items and are out of print. I ripped them to mp3s because I'm
not going to risk damage to the original discs by continual play or
theft.

- I've also had my car broken into twice over the years and both times I
lost irreplaceable jazz CDs. Never again. Every
CD I purchase is ripped into mp3s and then stored away. I keep my entire music library on my computer (with backups) and
burn CDs to use in my car. I use iTunes for ripping and managing mp3s and WinAmp for making playlists to upload to Dixieland Gumbo.

 David Livingston
Dixieland Gumbo Internet Radio
http://www.dixielandgumbo.com
The BESTplace on the web to hear Traditional Jazz
To inquire about getting your band on the station
contact Dave at davel at dixielandgumbo.com