[Dixielandjazz] Magnolia's Wedding Day

Cliff Harper cliffh at tcp.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 05:19:59 PDT 2009

LO listmates all -

Can any kind person please supply me with the lyrics to 'Magnolia's
Wedding Day' - I've searched for nearly two hours - 'till my heart is
heavy and my head's turned grey' (Kurt Weill's 'Lost in the Stars' -
great song). The band-leader, with whom I'm playing for a wedding,
tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon, has discovered that he's lost his copy
and, knowing that I'm in touch with such a plethora of wonderfully
helpful folks in just such emergencies as this, has appealed to me - now
don't get me wrong - I don't fancy him (sniggering leer) - but if anyone
can help, I/we'd be most grateful - all I can offer in return is a
rather elderly, generously bewhiskered cheese sandwich, a genuine relic
left over from last Christmas - so who's gonna be the lucky one?.

Regards and best,

Cliff