[Dixielandjazz] CD Audacity query

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 10 10:13:11 PDT 2009

Bob,

I have only used Audacity a few times and would like to improve my skills.
Could you send me the detailed instructions you mentioned?

Thanks,
Bruce Stangeland
Berkeley banjoist

==============

Message: 14
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:23:43 +0200
From: "Robert Smith" <robert.smith at tele2.no>
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] CD audio query.
To: "M J \(Mike\) Logsdon" <mjl at ix.netcom.com>

Dear Mike,

I've been using "Audacity" for several years now to make *.wav copies of my
records to re-record to a MiniDisc that I use on my weekly jazz programme.
I've used "Audacity" on 78's, vinyls, reel-to-reel tapes, cassettes, CD's,
and the Internet for modern trad groups (with their permission), and never
had any problems removing clicks, and other unwanted noise. I've even used
it to even out volume levels (e.g. a very faint announcement to a tune).
I've also used it to fade out applause at the end of a number.

If you do decide to try Audacity let me know, and I'll send you detailed
instructions on all the above.

Kind Regards

Bob Smith